The following is an outline of employer responsibilities:
- Complete the Request an Apprentice Form
- Complete at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the semester
- Faculty are encouraged to share the “Request an Apprentice Form” with any of their employer contacts
- Sign off on the Employer Section of the Apprenticeship Agreement
- Apprenticeship Agreement is due by the end of the 3rd week of the semester.
- Complete the DOL Apprenticeship Agreement
- Add on-the-job training activities to Work Schedule (Training Plan), review and approve the final plan/timeline
- Implement Apprenticeship with curriculum and on-the-job training
- Employer Student Evaluation
- Best Practice: Employer will submit the evaluation one to two weeks prior to the end of the Apprenticeship
Ready to Get Started?